by Karen J. Brand
If you have planted zucchini in your garden, you soon find that you have an abundance of fruit! There are lots of ways to prepare delicious, nutritious dishes with zucchini, and I would like to share one of my favorites with you. These oven chips are quick and easy to prepare and kids love them, too. Enjoy!
Zucchini Oven Chips
- 1/4 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup (1 ounce) grated fresh Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons fat-free milk
- 2 1/2 cups (1/4-inch-thick) slices zucchini (about 2 small)
- Cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- Combine first 5 ingredients in a medium bowl, stirring with a whisk. Place milk in a shallow bowl. Dip zucchini slices in milk, and dredge in breadcrumb mixture. Place coated slices on an ovenproof wire rack coated with cooking spray; place rack on a baking sheet. Bake at 425° for 30 minutes or until browned and crisp. Serve immediately.
Linda Oldenburg, Cooking Light